the wish list
When we met with the Gaare’s they had just moved into a new home and wanted their kitchen and dining space to have more light, more space, and a big island. We had completed a project in their home a few years ago; and when they bought the new home they thought of us right away.
Their wishlist is one we encounter often! There’s something special about openness, simplicity, and work spaces that are functional and inviting. Decortips.com lists 3 of the greatest advantages of an “open plan kitchen.”
- More space: this sometimes requires moving walls, soffits or other barriers that divide two or more rooms.
- More light: the more natural light the better (it might even make a difference in your electric bill).
- Better communication: having an open space means family members can gather together easily. This means you can stay in touch easier, see what others are up to, and more easily join in an activity together.
the project highlights
We scheduled the project to begin on Monday and finish on Friday (yes, 5 days). The Gaare’s took a short vacation and our crew got busy! The following Monday, we met at the house and did a walk-through to make sure they were completely satisfied with our work. Here are the highlights of the project:
- Removing the wall between the kitchen and dining room, and soffits above the kitchen cabinets.
- Installing new luxury vinyl flooring throughout the entire space
- Adding a large eat-in island with a maple butcher block top
- Installing white mission-style cabinets with a light quartz countertop
- Adding ceramic subway tile backsplash in the kitchen
- Updating the light fixtures
- Installing gorgeous floating shelves
- And topped it all off with a beautiful wood hood above the stove
When they returned, they were thrilled with their new space! Can you imagine a transformation like this in your home in less than a weeks’ time?
come see for yourself
GoodeGuy is pleased to invite you to see The Gaare Family’s new open kitchen and dining area! Their home is featured in the 31st Annual Tour of Remodeled Homes that takes place on April 23rd and 24th. Tickets are just $5 each for the entire tour (children 12 and under are free). And if you start at one of GoodeGuy’s remodeled homes, the first ten folks to show up get a free ticket.
Look through the 2022 Guidebook for the two GoodeGuy homes featured on the tour and make your plan to visit! Both Scott Goode and Jordan Goode will be available on both days.
Hosts of the event are the Home Builder’s Association of Lincoln (HBAL) and Remodelers Council of Lincoln. Sponsored by Allo Fiber Internet.
Would you like an open space in your home? Let’s talk about your project ideas.
on time | on budget | satisfaction guaranteed